Re: Supported VM environments under MacOS dom0

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:24:10PM -0700, Phil Pennock wrote:

> Tried: amd64 5.0.2 install; first time, the VM booted from the "CD"
> (mapped the .iso); everything installed fine.  Since then, the VM has
> been unable to boot from the disk and won't boot from the CD either.  It
> hangs during kernel hardware probes, whether ACPI support is enabled or
> disabled (ACPI just moves where it hangs).

I think you'll find a uniprocessor kernel on a single-processor VM
will work -- and just about nothing *else* will work under Parallels.
Parallels is a steaming pile.  Just use something else -- VirtualBox
works pretty well, if you don't want to pay for Fusion.

Thor