HP Compaq DL385 with Smart Array 6/i

Hi,

We've tried installing NetBSD 4.0 on 2 HP Compaq DL385 with single and dual CPU configuration and the Smart Array 6/i controller. The obvious problem that occur is that the I/O towards the controller/disk is worthless.

Even the installer writes -stalled- while installing/copying the NetBSD base to the disk.

We've tried both NetBSD 4.0 i386 and amd64, and we've even tried NetBSD current amd64 (during the summer), but it's the same symptom on all versions.

Has anybody else seen this problem before? are there any fixes or workarounds available?

Regards,
Fredrik