Subject: tools for dealing with the daily jobs?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/28/2007 23:15:55
Are there any good tools -- in pkgsrc? -- for dealing with the daily
job output from a group of (NetBSD) machines?

I'm not 100% certain what I'd like or I'd probably write it myself.
Roughly speaking, I think that all of the daily (weekly, monthly) email
messages should be archived, either in a database or a simple file
system tree.  The processor should then alert me to "interesting" items
in the messages.  The trick is to define "interesting", of course.  It
might be a large change in available disk space, or unusual security
job output or -- well, you see what I mean.  But trying to look at a
few dozen every day practically guarantees that I'll miss things.