Subject: Re: Wiki
To: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Przemys=B3aw_Pawe=B3czyk?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/28/2007 06:28:38
On 3/28/07, Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp@kv.net.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do understand nothing. The best place with information how to get
> next release files for testing is being hide from publicity.
>
> I must say the PR is your worst case scenario. All the efforts of some
> of you attanding numerous exhibitions are wasted if there is no
> indication on homepage how community is participating beside
> contributing to official documentation (what's rather inferred or
> implied than proved).

I disagree.

Diffs can be sent in for any documentation on the official site that
I'm aware of. It's not as fast a wiki, but this might be a good thing.
A 3rd party wiki is fine.

Remember, this project is more about quality than quantity. Wiki based
sites always strike me as possibly not 100% correct depending on how
it's set up. I don't get that feeling with the NetBSD site.

Andy