Subject: Junk computer+LCD(+keypad)->Jukebox
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E1bor_G=E1bris?= <gabrisgabor@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2007 19:14:13
Hi!

I found some old hardware, a p2-500 Mhz Celeron processor and an
all-integrated motherboard and I would like to build an mp3-jukebox to
our family car. I bought a nice 2x16 character HD-44780-compatible LCD
display panel. I soldered a bit last night  and it is working on the
parallel port under linux+lcdproc. The next step would be to move it
to my favourite OS: NetBSD. Lcdproc works under BSD systems (as they
write on their homepage).
The next step is to find some kind of mp3-capable media player for
NetBSD, that can somehow show track informations on the LCD and can be
controlled with a keypad.

If anybody has any suggestions, experiences or ideas about the topic,
please write them.

Greetings

Gabris Gabor