Subject: How to install a Linux Binary in 3.01 ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netBSD.org>
From: Alasdair <alasdair@iprimus.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2007 00:03:55
Hi,

I would like to install a Linux binary of CmapTools, I have looked at the manual page on Linux emulation but am a little
confused about which libraries to use, or even if the libraries available in pkgsrc  will be suitable.
The reccommended system to run the binary is as follows:
Linux kernel 2.4.x or above
glibc 2.2.x libraries
RedHat 8.0 or higher version

Unfortunately the source code is not available.

At the moment starting the binary returns the folowing  message:

$ ./LinuxCmapTools_v4.09_01-02-07.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location - find_vma failed

Any help most appreciated,

Regards,

Alasdair