Subject: Re: Questions about filesystem choice
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Smith <smithm@netapps.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/17/2007 08:42:17
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:04:11 -0400
Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm getting ready to build a new filesystem that will be used to hold
> media files: Music, Pictures, Movies etc.

You know, that's exactly what my home server holds, as well as doing NAT, email, etc. I did it with a single 120G disk and a stock FFS2 file system. Nothing fancy and it works quite well.

I used NFS here for a long time but now that our clients are laptops running ubuntu I use sshfs to link client and server. Authentication is a breeze for small scale stuff. An sshfs client is built into the Nautilus file manager.
--
Michael Smith
Network Applications