Subject: Infrared (lirc) / freevo
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/30/2006 10:30:43
 	I picked up a widescreen TV for christmas, so decided to
 	play with freevo (pkgsrc/wip/freevo) to give a nice
 	video/music playing solution (no room in the shuttle for
 	a WinTV card).

 	It works quite nicely via a keyboard, but it really benefits
 	from using an infrared remote. I have an IrMan (supported
 	by NetBSD), but the only ir plugins I can find for freevo
 	rely on the "Linux Infrared Remote Control" (lirc).

 	So... has anyone managed to get just the irman part of lirc
 	working on NetBSD, or have any thoughts comments on their
 	Freevo usage?

--
 			   David Brownlee -- abs@absd.org