Subject: Perl in chrooted area...?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Mats <netbsd@comhem.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/31/2006 02:34:08
Hi
I have set up thttpd in a chrooted area under NetBSD 3.0.1. It
works perfect and I also succeded to install a shell (sh) in the
chrooted area. I did like this -
The chrooted area is in /home/www.
# cd /home/www
# mkdir bin
# cp /bin/sh bin
# ldd bin/sh
And that gave me the directorys and files needed by sh. I tried
an easy file in /home/www/cgi-bin and it worked perfect.

Then I wanted to set up perl in /home/www. I did the same thing
and a simple program worked in /home/www/cgi-bin, at least when I
was root. But thttpd can't run it. :-(
Not even when I chmod 777 program.pl. I have also tried with .cgi
at the end.

I will look over my chmods and chowns to see if I have missed
something but it doesn't seemed to be the problem. Is there some
info somewhere about perl in a chrooted area?

// Regards