Subject: Re: fstab and fs_passno
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2006 00:05:26
On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 11:45:06AM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Is it legal to define fs_passno>2 for unimportant filesystems in
> /etc/fstab, or are 0, 1 and 2 the only legal values?

I have another (related) question: is it possible to disable parallellism
for fsck at boot-time?  fsck will scan filesystems in parallel when they're
on different devices (to speed things up), but also when a filesystem is
e.g. on a cgd (on the same physical disk).  This is of course not optimal;
can I disable it?  (I know -current has -P, but 3.0 hasn't.)

	Geert