Subject: Re: firefox-bin + xorg
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/13/2006 13:20:28
On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 02:08:24PM +0100, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 07:55:34AM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > Hmm -- that did solve it for me and at least one other person.  You did
> > run
> >
> > 	/usr/pkg/emul/linux/usr/bin/fc-cache --force
> >
> > (I forgot the --force option before....)
>
> Yes, I did that (with --force).
>
> Btw, other Linux binaries, like acroread7 and mozilla-bin, work just fine.
>
> Also, the "import settings" dialog (showed at the first run after an rm
> .mozilla/firefox) works.  Only after that, or at any subsequent startup
> (when the browser itself is launched), it segfaults.

I've found that without your fix, even the "import settings" dialog doesn't
work: firefox crashes instantly.  Also other linux-gtk2 binaries don't work
anymore.  So your fix already helps something.  :-)  With your fix, Firefox
displays the "import settings" dialog but crashes afterwards,  as described
above.

	Geert