Subject: Re: DVD-R Burning and Reading
To: None <brendon@christian.net>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/09/2006 23:15:20
2006/1/9, brendon@christian.net <brendon@christian.net>:
> Hi All,
>
>     I have just recently purchased a DVD burner for my PC that is running=
 NetBSD 2.1 and i am having difficulties burning a DVD and then reading fro=
m it.

> Jan 10 01:36:40 merlin /netbsd:
>
> Could these errors be caused by a corrupt or invalid DVD ISO image i am m=
aking with mkisofs? Or incorrect burning with cdrecord? Or is it more likel=
y a problem with NetBSD itself?

> If this is a problem with using mkisofs/cdrecord (Is am using the OSS DVD=
 versions from pkgsrc) ...

I have been using growisofs from sysutils/dvd+rw-tools/  to write DVDs
with no problems (both USB2 and F/W connected, using a PCI and a
CardBus combo).