Subject: Re: Upgrade to 3.0 loses Symbios Logic 53c896?
To: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/04/2006 21:46:16
On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:27:35PM -0600, Peter Eisch wrote:
> On 1/3/06 3:02 PM, "Manuel Bouyer" <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:
>
> > Well, the problem is that the BIOS configured esiop1 at IRQ 15 while
> > it seems that the secondary channel of the IDE controller already
> > have it.
> > Do you know if this motherboard really has 2 IDE channels ? Chan you check
> > the BIOS and see if the second channel is enabled or disabled ?
>
> I think there's only one IDE channel.  It only connects the CDROM.  I'll
> take a peek at it tomorrow.  (This is my build box, so building other
> kernels is sort of hard right now.)

You could boot -c, and disable the rccide*
of course this will be a problem if you need the cdrom device :)

But from your previous dmesg I see that you were running a MP kernel,
did you try 3.0 GENERIC.MP ? It looks like the MP bios table has the
correct information about the secondary channel interrupt.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>