Subject: Re: multiple wireless profiles?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/28/2005 17:29:45

--0-410651399-1117297785=:355

On Sat, 28 May 2005, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 01:23:48AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
>> 	It works for me, it may do for some others :)
>
> I like it, we should have it in the tree ;-)
>
> I would like a minor enhancement: a way to specify hardwired (no DHCP)
> configurations for some config - along the line of an /etc/ifconfig.$name,
> which is run only if the wep key is known or the wired ethernet is selected.

 	Simple emough :)

 	I've run up a quick pkgsrc entry (attached) for the latest
 	version. The manpage is just, but pkg_info -L autonet after
 	installed should point you at the files to use :)

 	Changes:
 	    - nwkeys now specified as autonet_<ssid>_nwkey in rc.conf
 	    - Can specify autonet_<x>_ifconfig and autonet_<x>_defaultroute
 	      where <x> can be an interface or an ssid
 	    - Audio cues default to on but can be disabled
 	    - Can specify '-u <secs>' to cause interfaces to be be
 	      brought up followed by a sleep of <secs> before testing
 	      (Not required on a wm0 or ath0)
 	    - Will not try to use a WEP key on a wireless network which
 	      does not use WEP, and will not try to connect without a
 	      WEP key to one that does
 	    - /etc/autonet.local is called at more phases (some phase names
 	      have been updated). Can can be specified in rc.conf
 	      default: autonet_localscript=/etc/autonet.local
 	    - Sample lid_switch script included
 	    - Can specify the media types and order to try in rc.conf,
 	      default: autonet_media="Ethernet IEEE802.11"

--0-410651399-1117297785=:355
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--0-410651399-1117297785=:355--