Subject: Re: GUI for mixerctl in 608 lines of Perl/Tk
To: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/12/2005 10:10:47
Ben Collver wrote:
> That sounds interesting, but when I ran it, it didn't look very good.
>
> Here is a screenshot:
>
> http://backyard.homeunix.net/~ben/gus.jpg
>
> I think the default window size needs to be bigger, or the widgets need
> to be smaller.
>
> Ben

Ben and All,

I sometimes forget that not everybody knows Perl/Tk. The window comes up
by default not full size...so as to take up not so much screen space. In
addition, I have put the widgets inside a pane (frame with scroll bars).

So these options apply:

1. Expand the window to full screen in the usuall way.
2. Drag the window to any size desired.
3. Scroll around inside the pane by using the scroll bars.

Here is what it looks like with all widgets showing...

http://starling.us/tet/gus_perl/gus_netbsd_mixer_pl/gus_netbsd_mixer.png

I can, if so desired, make it to come up full size with a Perl/Tk geometry
command. It would still be reduceable after. I'm taking votes: how many pro
and con on this ap hogging more screen by default?

Gan

--

  Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird

  <(+)__       Gan Uesli Starling