Subject: Re: home end keys do not work
To: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/12/2004 12:54:49
On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 07:13:07PM +0200, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> some time ago i asked about my problem with 'home' and 'end' key
> behaviour (but with only one response stating that it works) - so i'm
> trying again... with more details now.
>
> these keys do not work neither on terminal nor in xterm (aterm). this is
> sometimes very annoying (for example when editing long command line)...
> they just produce tilde character on the command line.
>
> i'm using ksh, but i observed similar behaviour with csh, too (but there
> home produces ^[[1~ end produces ^[[4~)

<snip>

> these 2 keys (with some others that are not so critical for me - f1 for
> example) do not also work in midnight commander.
>
> could anyone please help me to track down the problem? where should i look?
>
> tia, kind regards,
> lubos

<snip>

> set -o emacs

You are setting your cmd-line edit keys to emacs, why not use emacs keys
to move around your command line?  CTRL-A for jumping to the begining of
the line (HOME?) and CTRL-E for jumping to the end of the line (END?).

In Midnight Commander, you can use ESC-1 instead of F1, if your F-keys
aren't mapping properly.

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org