Subject: Re: windows without titlebars in x
To: None <shnek@tiscali.cz>
From: Eric Pogroski <pogrose@twcny.rr.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/27/2004 09:06:32
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:14:58 +0100
Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz> wrote:

> > just found this on a gentoo mailing list regarding this:
> >
> > try
> > [app] (xconsole)
> >    [Deco]	{NONE}
> >
> > work's for me, ymmv.
> thanks, that works for me too.

good. :) glad I could be of some help.

> as far as i can tell, two things seem to be broken:
> 1) in "remember" menu - the options do not have checkboxes, however they
> behave like if thay had them (e.g. to see  [Position] {xxx yyy} in the
> .fluxbox/apps file i have to click the remember->position only once. if
> i click it for the second time, the item disappears from the apps file).
> do you have checkboxes there, or are they missing, too?

nope, no check-box's, but I do seem to remember that being theme dependent
(not so much check-box's as bullet's)

> 2) even if i have "save on close" ([Close] {yes}), the status of the
> window is not saved on exit (the way i close it doesn't matter). does it
> work for you?

nope. doe's the same to me too. guess it's just another quirk of a
development version. :)

> > btw, what version of fluxbox are you using? (I'm using .98 devel, and it works)
> 0.9.8 from pkgsrc (don't know now whether it's current or not). as far
> as it is developmental version, it's possible that i have old stuff and
> should upgrade... what do you think?

0.9.8 is the latest released development version. 0.9.9 is currently in the fluxbox
cvs tree (debating whether or not to actually bite the bullet and port it myself)

> regards,
> --
> Lubos
> _@_"