Subject: Problem with vorbis input plugin and xmms
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Cory Bajus <cbajus@mts.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/24/2004 00:10:44
Is anyone else having trouble with the vorbis input plugin for
xmms?  When I start xmms, I get the following message:

/usr/pkg/lib/xmms/Input/libvorbis.so: Undefined PLT symbol "libiconv" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 199)

Because of this, xmms is unable to play .ogg files.  This is on
a newly installed 1.6.2 i386 (Thinkpad 600X) system with xmms
built from current pkgsrc (as of this past weekend)

Luckily, ogg123 (from audio/vorbis-tools) works, but I miss the
eye candy of xmms.

I just opened a PR (pkg/24885) for this issue.

Any ideas?

Cory.