Subject: Re: MSS Issue with netbsd.org
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/29/2004 17:56:55
On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 05:31:58PM +0100, Christian Biere wrote:
> Ooops, I must have been confused. I think I confused the TCP MTU with
> the PPPoE interface MTU. The latter was set to 1452. I've increased it
> to 1492 which should be the correct value (8 bytes for the PPPoE header).

Hmm - if you just leave it alone, which value does it come up with? This is
optionally negotiated by PPP, so if your provider configured it to something
else (for whatever reason), you should probably leave it that way.

You then should recalculate the mssclamp value starting with the correct
interface MTU.

If you modified the interface MTU by yourself before, it's hardly a suprise
that you needed a much smaller mssclamp value (not picking on you, just
documenting for later googler's ;-} )

Martin