Subject: Re: which "pthreads"?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <snj@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/06/2003 16:30:42
On 11/07 09:16, henry nelson wrote:
> Some programs I plan to install want "pthreads".  What do people recommend?
> In pkgsrc/devel there are "mit-pthreads" and "unproven-pthreads".  Also, I
> see there is a GNU.org/software/pth/pth.html implementation.  Which one to
> use?  Why?

First, you should use pkgsrc to install whatever software you're looking
at. If it's not in there, say so, and maybe someone will change that.
Second, GNU pth is used by pkgsrc by default, so I guess that pretty
much says what's "recommended." Don't ask me _why_ it's like that, but
it is, and it seems to work well.