Subject: Re: problem with download-vulnerability-list
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/27/2003 22:35:46
On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 10:27:59PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, David Maxwell wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 09:12:54AM -0400, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> > > It's complaining that the new vulnerability list is shorter than the
> > > old one.
> >
> > Corrected. The combination of a 0 size change by a 4 char-name committer
> > after a 5-char name committer...
> >
> > One of these days I'll eliminate this size dependency scheme.
>
> 	Maybe it could switch to 'wc -l'?

I think it can be simpler than that (the number of lines could shrink
too, as older issues are deprecated someday, when the file gets large,
and newer issues have subsumed them anyway...).

All that's really needed is an EOF delimiter on the last line.

(cvs version numbers can cover the 'newer' requirement)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Unless you have a solution
when you tell them things like that, most people collapse into a gibbering,