Subject: Re: Anyone using TCFS or similar?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: poff <poff@sixbit.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/12/2003 13:54:52
Thanks for replies to this,

I'm not on current and I'm on dialup so that won't happen for a while.

The "transparent" part of TCFS sounded great, but the BSD branch is
unsupported and not under development under BSD.

Really I'd love to see someone have a go at running TCFS under 1.6.x and
releasing a patched tarball somewhere. Doesn't seem too difficult, but too
difficult for me...

Someone pointed out:
http://quasar.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~selinger/ccrypt/
To me which wasn't in pkgsrc, it's a simpler approach for encrypting
specific files or directories (not an fs, a "fixed unix crypt" which nearly
compiles to the AES or something like that).

This is probably what I need, as I'd only want to encrypt my messages,
maybe some of the db's etc.

What do you all think? I'll have a stab at cfs.

P.

poff@sixbit.org