Subject: New to NetBSD, need help...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Collin E <compufreak2000@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/09/2003 01:50:45
Hello everyone!
I just installed NetBSD on my NEC 9522 computer the other day. This is the
first time that I have ever used Unix, so I barely know anything about it. I
need to know how to create and manage users for this computer.

Also, I have just downloaded XWindows from xfree86.org and I have just tired
to install it. I wanted to copy the contents of the cd that I made to the
/root/xfree86 directory (I created a subdirectory). However, when I tried
copying the files, the computer told me that I had run out of room. This
didn't seem right to me, becuase the hard drive is over 1 GB in size. I
remember now that when I was installing Unix, the computer made about 5
partitions, do you think that I should try moving the files to one of those
partitions and installing? If so, how? In the first place, why did this
computer need more than one partition, it is becoming very confusing? Would
it be a good idea to re-install Unix with just one?

Thanks!

Collin