Subject: Re: Unable to upgrade using sysinst ( solved )
To: Ian Thomas <ipthomas@mac.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/06/2003 15:42:21
> 2) mounts each of the partitions on /mnt
>
> 	I had the path to the local directory slightly wrong.  It was
>
> /mnt/usr/src/release/binary/sets
>
> 	The fact that the local directory begins with /mnt may be information
> that the sysinst program should mention when you attempt to upgrade.  I
> only found this out by suspending sysinst and doing a mount -a.
> 	Thanks for the heads up to those who suggested suspending sysinst.  I
> had only tried to get a virtual terminal with ctrl-alt-fn.

I've actually just changed (not yet committed) sysinst to mount
the system's files on /targetroot (instead of /mnt).  This makes
it much easier to determine the actual mountpoint from the
'last mounted' field of the superblock.  (Filesystems could easily
have been mounted on /mnt last!)

It is a good point that the sets could easily be on the target filesystem
- so sysinst should (probably) allow for this itself.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk