Subject: Re: Monitoring IPSec with MRTG
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/05/2003 01:06:25
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:

> Is anyone monitoring traffic across IPSec links with MRTG? I'm using
> esp/tunnel mode. I tried monitoring the GIF tunnel, but that doesn't
> work - just shows about 60 bytes average.
>
> Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks.

current-users?--and look for the discussions about ipf, tunnelling and
IPSec. There was some discussion about bpf tap points as well, and
that's probably related to your problem.

It's my impression that what we need to get this fixed, more than
anything else right now, is testers: people who can build current
systems and 1.6 branch system and make sure that the patches and
suchlike work.

cjs