Subject: Re: Ogle on NetBSD 1.6.1
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/01/2003 05:58:26
David Brownlee wrote:

> Have you installed misc/libdvdcss?
>
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Joseph Dunn wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Has anyone had any success getting graphics/ogle from pkgsrc to
>> work on NetBSD 1.6.1? I'm running it on a nearly stock installation,
>> the machine being a Toshiba 7020CT laptop with a DVD-ROM drive. I
>> can mount and explore CD's and DVD's without problems, but when I
>> attempt to view a DVD with Ogle I see messages similar to these:
>>
>> libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
>> ERROR[ogle_nav]: faild to open/read the DVD
>>
>> The drive does spin up when I run Ogle, so it seems to be working
>> halfway. After having a look at the FAQ on the Ogle homepage, I
>> temporarily enabled write permissions for all users on /dev/rcd0d
>> and ran ogle as a regular user, in order to enable encrypted DVD
>> support, but this didn't work either.
>>
>> Any ideas?

For me, ogle broke on some dvds at about the same time, on the move
from 1.6.1 and -current - separately from any libdvdcss. Haven't
figure out what exactly broke it.

Some unencrypted dvds play with ogle and libdvdread on -current
and some get part-way into the dvd before libdvdread fails (mplayer
never even got this far). All of them used to play on 1.6 and
-current (up until SA was brought in) with ogle.

for example:

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in ifo_read.c:442 ***
*** for vtsi_mat->vtstt_vobs == 0 || (vtsi_mat->vtstt_vobs >
	vtsi_mat->vtsi_last
_sector && vtsi_mat->vtstt_vobs < vtsi_mat->vts_last_sector) ***

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in ifo_read.c:928 ***
*** for vts_ptt_srpt->nr_of_srpts < 100 ***

FATAL[ogle_nav]: ifoRead_VTS_PTT_SRPT failed
ctrl: ipc_rmid: Invalid argument

|   *** for vts_ptt_srpt->nr_of_srpts < 100 ***
is the standard error I get on libdvdread failure.