Subject: Re: Backup to Tape
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/19/2003 21:05:45
Wojciech Puchar writes:

>you should rather blame HP as it makes worst drives.
>i had 2 DDS-2 HP drives both failed in 1 year.
>while SONY and IBM ones still works - no problels.
>esp. tape driving is broken on DDS

Yes but I was talking about an HP DLT drive, not DDS.
The two HP DDS drives I (personally) owned broke down years
ago already.  Seems like their DLT hardware isn't much better
when it comes to reliability (it broke down almost exactly
with the end of the warranty period.  I nearly bit thru the
table when I read the date on the delivery note.)  And I've
already had a bad tape before that.

--
Matthias Buelow;  mkb@{mukappabeta.de,informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de}

    ``Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.''
        -- William of Ockham (~1285-1349, "Occam's Razor")