Subject: HPT-366 BE6-2
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/18/2003 17:30:42
Had lock up problems with this when I initially built the box, I assumed at the
time it was because the bios on the machine was old, and because it was a very
remote box I had no way to flash it (still can't flash from netbsd can ? vmware?)

At the time I fixed it by using wd flags in the kernel and they are all used as:

wd3(pciide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)

Still running that 1.5.2 kernel.

This seems to hurt the CPU somewhat.

So, I noticed with great interest that there had been somework done on this, in
particular by Roger Brooks and a pull-up by Manuel Bouyer on 2000/08/25 (What
kernel version is that?)

So I was wondering what the story is on this, considered fixed? Should just
compiling a new kernel make everything brighter and happier?

Sincerely,

Lundy

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)