Subject: Re: Problem with mozilla-bin ?
To: Bryan P <u7@terran.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/24/2003 17:29:04
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 09:24:24AM -0700, Bryan P wrote:
> On the accomplished day of Apr 23, Florence HENRY said:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have installed mozilla-bin this morning (with the latest pkgsrc
> > retreived this morning too with sup), and it just doesn't work.  the
> > command /usr/pkg/bin/mozilla-linux just ends without any error message.
> > what could be the origin of my problem ?
> >
> > ps : maybe I'm posting to the wrong mailing-list, but I've no working
> > navigator for now and don't know the lists names by heart ....
>
> I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions with mozilla from pkgsrc, because
> I've only ever built my own.  If you're browserless and have the
> time/bandwidth at hand to do a mozilla build, you might consider that.
> Sources from yesterday built and work quite well under current/i386 for me.

I had it just ending without error messages, so I tried a cvs update of
src and pkgsrc, built a new kernel and world, and then
cd www/mozilla
make update

Was that the right thing to try? Is there a "blow away all packages mozilla
depends on rebuild the lot"? (just in case..)

Now I get:
Core was generated by `mozilla-bin'.
#0  0x8072df8 in NS_GetMemoryManager ()
#1  0x8072e00 in NS_GetMemoryManager ()
#2  0x8072e00 in NS_GetMemoryManager ()
... repeated forever ...

Well, it's different :)  (no ahc on that box..)

Cheers,

Patrick