Subject: Re: rc.d
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/14/2003 14:37:02
>> I finally had to write some rc.d scripts. Kudos to the individual(s)
>> who designed that well thought out system. Wow.
>
>Whole-heartedly seconded!
>
>I tend to find amazing new features of it every few weeks. My latest favorite
>is how pkgsrc/mail/postfix integrates into the rc.d script originally
>intended for the base system postfix. (See pkgsrc/mail/postfix/MESSAGE)

indeed!  fwiw, i have ulimit -S -n 1024 in my /etc/rc.conf.d/inetd
file, so that inetd can have lots of descriptors open, i've used the
mechanism mentioned above to "wedge" the pkgsrc postfix into the base
system startup, i popped start_cmd=":" into /etc/rc.conf.d/quota (and
others, on occasion) because i don't want quotas checked (i'm not
using them), and i've shimmed bind9 into the base rc.d script with the
same mechanism.

it's really cool.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|