Subject: Re: Installing Apache-PHP-Mysql & other related apache modules
To: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: mackstann <mack@incise.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/20/2003 18:09:56
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 10:23:57AM +1100, dkwok wrote:
> The phpinfo() did show the mysql module details however config command
> details show that --without-mysql option was used in compiling the apache??

That just means it's not compiled in statically, and that's why you have
to install the php4-mysql package, which has the php mysql module that
gets loaded.

> The connect script is:
> dbhost="localhost";
> dbuser="www";
> dbpass=password('indy');
> $db=mysql_connect($dbhost,$dbuser,$dbpass) or die("Cannot connect.");
> It is just silent.

Well, just doing that alone shouldn't output anything.. You gotta select
a db and do some queries and whatnot.

--
transmission complete | mackatincise.org | fortune@18:00 CST:
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.