Subject: Re: 'gnome2-session' problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Aaron Bamford <sab@zeekuschrist.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/23/2003 22:42:35
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:41:36 +0000
From: Scott Aaron Bamford <sab@zeekuschrist.com>
To: m-redlich@t-online.de (Matthias Redlich)

I had a hacked version that mostly worked on -current not so long after the 1.6 branch that I tried to package up, it was quite an eairly GNOME 2 release. Rene (I think it was) looked at the result some time later (by which time it had stoped working as I hadn't maintined it.  I don't know where that lead to.  It wasn't an idea port, in particualar nautilus was very unstable, but it did work and my family used it every day for what they wanted.  They all tend to like KDE now days though... I can look if I get some free time and nobody else is already doing so, but from the pkgsrc point of view, I expect there are poeole who could DTRT a lot better than I can.
	- Scott

On 21 Jan 2003 16:10:07 +0100
m-redlich@t-online.de (Matthias Redlich) wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I cannot imagine that Gnome2 has never worked on NetBSD,otherwise I
> wonder why gnome2-session has been included in the pkgsrc-collection.
>
> If nobody is working on this issue, we could ask some gnome-hackers,
> maybe they have an idea.
>
> Anyway, I cannot imagine that Gnome2 is completely broken. Are there any
> people who use a gnome2-desktop with NetBSD?
>
> Cheers,
> Matthias

                                             &
  ----- sab@zeekuschrist.com ------------------------- sab@posix.org.uk -----