Subject: cvsup, cvsweb.netbsd.org, CVSROOT/modules and _cryptosrc-us-cmp
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2002 15:00:55
I am cvsup'ing NetBSD sources as follows

  *default host=cvsup.pasta.cs.uit.no
  #*default host=129.242.16.119
  *default base=/n0/CVSUP/netbsd-control
  *default prefix=/n0/CVSUP/netbsd-repo
  *default release=cvs
  *default delete use-rel-suffix
  *default umask=2

  *default compress

  netbsd

I find the modules file to be out of sync with what is in my cvsup'd
repository in the area of cryptosrc-foo.  In the repository I get

  total 18
  drwxrwxr-x   3 nbsdsrc  ir   512 Sep  5 11:22 CVSROOT
  drwxrwxr-x  18 nbsdsrc  ir   512 Sep  5 11:22 basesrc
  drwxr-xr-x   3 nbsdsrc  ir   512 Jun 14 12:08 cryptosrc-intl
  drwxrwxr-x   7 nbsdsrc  ir   512 Sep  5 11:23 doc
  drwxrwxr-x   3 nbsdsrc  ir   512 Jun 14 12:09 gnusrc
  drwxrwxr-x  53 nbsdsrc  ir  1536 Sep  5 08:21 pkgsrc
  drwxrwxr-x   3 nbsdsrc  ir   512 Jun 14 12:42 sharesrc
  drwxrwxr-x   4 nbsdsrc  ir   512 Jun 14 13:08 syssrc
  drwxrwxr-x   6 nbsdsrc  ir   512 Jul 21 07:44 xsrc

Compared to http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/, cryptosrc-intl is
extra and htdocs and othersrc are missing.  It seems that htdocs and
othersrc are not "part of NetBSD", so that part makes sense.

The CVSROOT/modules file contains definitions for a number of
components, and a src module that includes base, gnu, share and sys.
There is also a src-crypto-intl and src-crypto-all.  But the latter
include components that are not defined (_cryptosrc-us-cmp and
_cryptosrc-intl-cmp).

The page
  http://www.netbsd.org/developers/cvs-repos/modules.html
talks about a crypto-intl module as well.

The page
  http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/
says to use 'src', and doesn't mention cryptosrc-intl.

So, I think it would be nice for there to be comments in
CVSROOT/modules that explain what modules should be used.

For now, I assume the answer is

  cryptosrc-intl is of historic interest only, and should be ignored

  the lines in modules that refer to cryptosrc-* should be ignored

  to get sources, check out 'src'

but I'd appreciate comments from those in the know.

    Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>