Subject: Re: etc chains...
To: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
From: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/04/2002 19:24:43
> Is there an official way to do this?  If not, how do the rest of you
> handle it?

I place symlinks to /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/foo into /etc/rc.d.  This way all
the dependency resolving stuff gets taken care of [*], and generally seems
cleaner than editing rc.local.

I'm tempted to suggest that installed third party packages should place
these links automatically, although I suspect I'm treading on well covered
territory here.

-- Lars

[*] If there any netbsd developers out there, I'd just like to say that
the whole 'rcorder' system is possibly the sanest solution to init scripts
I've ever seen.  Thanks!

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>