Subject: Re: sup/rsync'ing from 1.5 to pre-1.5.2
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/08/2001 22:57:58

Jim> $ make build

Jim> (compiles for a long time, then...)

[...]
Jim> /home/src/usr.sbin/dhcp/common/alloc.c:117: macro `rc_register' used
Jim> with only 5 args
[...]
Jim> Stop.
Jim> *** Error code 1

Have you got some solution to this problem ? I've (finally)
understood how to use sup to track release-1-5 and, after hours of
sup'ing, i get exactly the same message when i try to make build.

The kick and dirty workaround i've found is to wipe out the dhcp
directory from the subdir list of src/usr.sbin/Makefile. All, then,
build ok and uname pretends now i'm on a 1.5.2 system. But that's a
solution « ŕ la Phyrrus ».

Is there a cleaner solution, or is it the result of an error of my own
in the update process ?
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1303426185 secondes