Subject: Re: sudden behavior change -- crashes at suspend time
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20010809T010727@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/09/2001 01:11:43
smb@research.att.com (Steve Bellovin) writes:
> I suspend my machine (a Thinkpad T21) often -- many times a day.  It
> almost always works, and most of the time when it doesn't I have the
> advance warning of error messages from the sound card driver during the
> previous resume.  However, at the last three 'suspend' operations the
> machine has wedged solid, with no warnings.  Any theories?  I'm running
> 1.5.2alpha as of July 31; I even went to the trouble of cmp'ing /netbsd
> with the /sys/arch/i386/compile version.

I don't know if this is related, but I see a problem on a Sony 505ve.
The first suspend/resume goes without a hitch.  The second resume
hangs the machine.  The same kernel suspends and resumes on a 505tx
all day long.

Now it beats me what kind of incorrectly restored state could allow a
machine to be resumed once, but not twice.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/