Subject: Getting all of packages/distfiles
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/07/2001 13:54:12
What is the best way to get all of the distribution files for all of the
packages?  I have a fast Internet connection at work and a CDR burner.  At
home I have a 56K dial-up so I would like to download all the packages
(source files since I use i386 and SPARC, soon PPC) and burn a CDROM set.

wget keeps crashing.  It is opening too many files.  LSOF reports over 200
LISTEN sockets belonging to wget (I set limit openfiles to 512).

Even a simple recursive "ls -lR > all_pkg_dist.txt" would work since a
script could kick off an ftp (after a few second delay :) for every line in
the file; however, I don't know how to get a list of every file in the
packages collection.  Some are in sub-directories.  Some have name-space
collisions on Windoze ( there's a c++ library with a .PIC and a .pic for
instance).

Gozilla (Windoze app) didn't find all the files (stopped at the y's)

Any suggestions?  I have a SPARC 1.4.x and a i386 1.5 system at work that
could run a NetBSD based solution...

--
"If I had all the money in the world,   Steven Grunza
  I wouldn't have it for long."          voice: (856) 787 - 2759