Subject: Re: Passive FTP through a filewall
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/06/2001 09:44:57
You didn't list what rules (if any) you have applied to the public IP
you're bidir'ing on the outside.

You didn't mention that you're allowing port 21 traffic to get to the
inside ftp server.

In your description, it sounds like you're putting the ftp server
'inside' a filewall, and connecting with clients from outside?

1) Hopefully you don't expect random clients to know they have to use
PASV. (i.e. this is for a 'private' ftp server, right?)

2) How is it failing? Connect, ls, and fail on get? Or fail to connect?

							David

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,