Subject: Re: What is different with our gcc?
To: John Maier <johnam@mail.kemper.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/13/1999 13:45:30
John Maier <johnam@mail.kemper.org> writes:
> The reason I ask is because I have been helping Jan Hubicka get xaos (cool real
> time fractal zoomer) to compile under NetBSD.  The problem is he does some high
> end optimizations and some inline asm that dies.
>
> So what makes our gcc so different from other 2.7.2.2s?

1) You haven't specified which version of NetBSD or which architecture
you are running on. In -current, we don't even run 2.7.2 any more.
2) You haven't listed what sort of error you are actually getting. It
would be easier to figure out what is going wrong if you did.
3) You might want to re-post this, with the needed information, on the
port specific mailing list for the particular architecture you run...

Perry