Subject: complete NetBSD installation on MOD
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Bertelsmann <m_bert@sol.wohnheim.uni-ulm.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/05/1997 20:05:10
Hi,

does anyone have experiences in installing NetBSD-Amiga on an 640MB
(2k blocks) MOD?
I tried to partition the drive according to the scsi-specs of the
MO-Drive recognized by NetBSD, but it still doesnt work.

The error reported by NetBSD is "partition block with bad id, 10 views
configured, cannot mount root".
The MO drive is recognized correctly to have 606cyl, 8 heads and 64
sectors with 2048byte/sector (this makes the formated 606MB).

My Software Version are loadbsd 2.14, netbsd 1.2 and inst-12.fs.

Anyone any good idears?

Ciao

Martin

--
         __
  Amiga ///  |  Martin Bertelsmann                |  A4000T