Subject: RE: Share the secret of how to flame spammers
To: John A. Maier - Kemper Military School and College MIS dept. <johnam@mail.kemper.org>
From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@crashprone.allegheny.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/11/1997 14:13:53
   ... and what happens when someone sends spam with forged addresses to
   [a] bogus addresses (you get bombed by your own mailer-daemon) or [b]
   innocent users (you start harassing someone who didn't do anything).

   I'd recommend people get familiar w/their email headers *well* before
   taking retaliatory actions ... if then.  It's better (IMHO) to filter
   incoming mail from spam domains and trash them before they're seen.

   andrew.  (brennan@allegheny.edu)