Subject: Re: cd rom, export fs, lpt problem
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Parson <mparson@IO.COM>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:24:17
In message <199610161816.BAA00568@pentium.as.bppt.go.id>, Heru Dwi Wahjono writ
es:
> Dear netbsd users. Please help me to resolve my problem.
>
> 1. How to mount cdrom drive ?
>    When I run command mount, I always get the message like this :
>
>    root@pentium[2]> mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom
>    cd9660: Read-only file system
>    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CD-ROM's are read only, try specifying it:

     mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /cdrom

You get the same problem under NetBSD for Amigas if you try to mount an
AmigaDOS filesystem, you need to specify the fact that it is read only.

> 2. How to export system file using /etc/exports ? What is the format
>    (syntax)?  I ever tried once. But when I mount it from other machine
>    and try to get the list of file (using ls command) the system always
>    hang.  Anyone experien with this ?

What does your current /etc/exports file look like?

Post a copy of your exports and your fstab

> 3. I can't print trough my lpt0. (maybe) it cause of there is no lpt0
>    detected when pc is booting. I checked the kernel configuretion file,
>    the lpt0 is already defined in this file. What can I do to fix it ?

I use NetBSD on an Amiga, so I'm not familiar with the parallel ports
under x86, but on a BSDI box at work, the printer-port is /dev/lp0,
not lpt0.  Not sure if that is any help.

I do notice that you have your sound card at irq 7.  While DOS does
handle your sound card and lpt port sharing an irq, how well does NetBSD
handle it?

--
Michael Parson                     //        Illuminati Online
finger for pgp key               \X/         Fnord!     DNRC