Subject: Re: [Q] mount DOS/IDE w/ OS-BS?
To: Colin BRADLEY <fox@cs.mcgill.ca>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@netcom.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/14/1995 11:09:44
On Wed, 14 Jun 1995 11:38:49 -0400  Colin BRADLEY wrote:

> aroo?

You call, I return...

>    According to Charles Hannum in a post to current-users in March
>    1994, the procedure to mount the DOS drive involves labelling it
>    with the condition that nothing else (like OS-BS) is using the
>    required sectors. Looks like I'm out of luck.
>
>    Is there another way to do the labelling without toasting the
>    OS-BS info? Or another way to mount the drive?

If the README with OS-BS talks about how many sectors it consumes
(I'm pretty sure it does), you can just move the label in that far.
Usually you have sectors between 1 and SPT available.  Surely OS-BS
isn't using more than say, 6-8 of those sectors.  So just move the NetBSD
disklabel to sector 9 or 10 or so.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!  DANGER!

Make sure the label and the start of DOS WILL NOT COLLIDE.  Otherwise DOS
will be dust.  You might want to take a tar of DOS before you do anything...