NetBSD-Syzbot archive

Re: NetBSD syzbot broken?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

That is indeed due to some problem with the host qemu, but that makes it
even more mysterious. I didn't update anything on the host and I think
nobody else did that either. And it's now unfortunately impossible to
pinpoint the exact moment when it began to fail with "failed to create the
VM Instance:" -- syzbot cleans up old logs and in some of these logs there
are actually ordinary NetBSD compilation errors. Could a NetBSD host have
updated the qemu package itself?

In the syzkaller code, we do have an option to distinguish whether we need
to explicitly specify the raw format or not:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/51c4dcff83b0574620c280cc5130ef59cc4a2e32/vm/qemu/qemu.go#L459

We can set UseNewQemuImageOptions=true for NetBSD and it should hopefully
be working again. But I still don't understand why it has popped up..

--
Aleksandr