Subject: Re: htdocs/Documentation/pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/07/2003 19:39:06
--cYtjc4pxslFTELvY

Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> Jan Schaumann <jschauma@NetBSD.org> wrote
>   in <20031207171653.GA408@netmeister.org>:
>=20
> jschauma> One note for those artistically inclined:  Here, too, it would =
be nice
> jschauma> to have a cover graphic and maybe two graphics for the two main=
 sections
> jschauma> (users and developers)...
>=20
>  If illustrations in EPS format are ready they can be inserted
>  easily to the guide and the pkgsrc doc.  Are there such material?

Unfortunately, there isn't.  And I really have no skills whatsoever in
that area. :-(

What I had in mind, though was something like the following:  For the
main cover, a picture of a handful of packages.  Typical boxes,
fedex or postal boxes, closed.  Maybe a pile of them.  Then, for the
pkgsrc users guide page, the same pile of boxes, only they opened
and a whole bunch of little gift packages fell out of them.  Finally,
for the pkgsrc developers guide page, maybe a daemon or two wrapping the
little gifts and packing the boxes.   Or something like that.

The second image could be similar to
http://www.netmeister.org/tmp/pkgsrc.gif (here you see an excellent
example of what I ment with ``no skills whatsoever'' - don't ask me how
long it took me to create such a simple yet obviously not usable image
;-).

Just an idea.

-Jan

--=20
Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

--cYtjc4pxslFTELvY

--cYtjc4pxslFTELvY--