NetBSD-Announce archive

NetBSD 5.0_RC4 binaries available for download

In the immortal words of Dr. Zoidberg, "Hooray!"

Today, we have two things to be happy about.  First, the fourth release
candidate of NetBSD 5.0 is available for download.  Second, this
announcement, like RC3's, coincides with an important birthday: that of
Billy West.

Below are some highlighted changes since RC3:
- Added the RLIMIT_AS resource, which limits the total address space
  available to processes.
- Improved NFS server stability
- FFS improvements
- A fix for a pf(4) DoS
- re(4) now works with the RealTek 8111C, which is found on many current
  motherboards with Intel chipsets

As usual, src/doc/CHANGES-5.0 has the full details.

Binaries of 5.0_RC4 are available for download at

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-5-0-RC4/

Those of you tracking by source can either continue following the netbsd-5
branch or use the netbsd-5-0-RC4 tag.

As always, we want your feedback.  This time, we are especially
interested in hearing from people who are using NFS.

Soren