Subject: The NetBSD 4.0_BETA branch
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 11/18/2006 22:01:57
--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

Hi,

as you may have noticed, the netbsd-4 branch has stalled since a number of
weeks.  This is because there are a number of problems with that branch,
which have (mostly) been fixed in HEAD, but require a lot of work to pull
up into the branch.  Therefore we are planning to re-branch netbsd-4 from
HEAD in a few weeks.

Releng is still allocating resources for this, so we cannot provide any
schedule yet, but for the mean time the autobuilds for the netbsd-4 branch
have been stopped and no more pullups will be processed anymore.  If you
are tracking the netbsd-4 branch, it is a good idea to switch to -current
now, and return to netbsd-4 after the re-branch.  Anything that is in
-current now, will make it into NetBSD 4.0.

Thanks a lot for your testing and patience, we appreciate it,

	the NetBSD Release Engineering team

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb--