Subject: Revised estimate for release date of NetBSD 3.0
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 10/21/2005 18:30:47
--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

	Hello,

on behalf of NetBSD's release engineering team I would like to provide
you with an update on our current estimated timelines for the NetBSD 3.0
release. The release had to be postponed because of necessary security
fixes and the following problem reports which are potential showstoppers:

- port-macppc/30410: GENERIC kernel crashes with MCHK trap on some G4 systems
- port-sparc/30629: userland crashes under sparc

The revised release schedule looks like this:

12 of November 2005:
- Release of NetBSD 3.0 Release Candidate 1

19 of November 2005:
- Release of NetBSD 3.0 Release Candidate 2 or NetBSD 3.0

26 of November 2005:
- Release of NetBSD 3.0 Release Candidate 3 or NetBSD 3.0

Please note that these dates are estimates and subject to change
slightly as the actual release occurs.

	Kind regards

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--