Subject: Re: ocaml website: netbsd copycat
To: Nathan Langford <njl@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Aymeric Vincent <Aymeric.Vincent@labri.fr>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/09/2003 22:32:33
Nathan Langford <njl@sdf.lonestar.org> writes:

> I may not be first to notice this: www.ocaml.org is ridiculously
> similar to www.netbsd.org.  This seems somehow "wrong" to me;
> though html source says "Style inspired by the NetBSD Project",
> I'd classify that as plagiarized design!  Unless there's some
> special relationship between NetBSD & OCaml I'm not aware of...

Heh, as long as it's a site like OCaML's one,  I don't object to
people imagining relationships between both projects...

This is the sign that from kernel to web site design, we just rock,
and some people take advantage of that. That's rather neat! ;-)

Are you suggesting that we should protect the website design of
NetBSD.org with a tougher license than the one we use for the hundreds
of megabytes of C code we provide? :-)

 Aymeric