Subject: LinuxWorld Expo -- Success!
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 08/30/2001 21:10:16
As many of you know, The NetBSD Project had a booth at LinuxWorld Expo
in San Francisco this week.  I must say, it was quite a success!

We tried to make the display simple and clean this time -- we took
an UltraSPARC CP1500, an Algorithmics board, and a Shark (hooked up
to a TFT, displaying the NetBSD web site in Mozilla).  The CP1500
drew a lot of eyes into the booth (since it was sitting on the front
table, next to the CDs).

There was lots of interest in NetBSD, and lots of people who came
by and said that NetBSD is something they already use!

Wasabi Systems donated 150 1.5 CD-ROMs, and we sold them for $5 each.
We sold them all!  All of the receipts are going straight to The NetBSD
Foundation to help cover bills and help fund project infrastructure.

Many thanks to Mike Sanders (who was able to staff the booth with me
for all 3 days!), Kevin Lahey, and Glen McCready who helped out at
the booth.